nonstick vegetable cookign spray
3 bags (2.85 oz each) microwave popcorn (no salt or butter)
1 stick butter
1 cup golden brown sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 300'. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
2. Microwave popcorn according to package instructions. Place the popcorn into a very large bowl or roasting pan. Set aside.
3. In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stir butter, sugar, and corn syrup until butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook 4 mintues withou stirring. Remove from heat and add baking soda to caramel sauce (mixture will foam).
4. Drizzle caramel sauce evenly over popcorn. Using 2 wooden spoons, toss popcorn to coat evenly with caramel sauce(popcorn will defate somewhat).
5. Spread caramel corn in an even layer on each prepared cookie sheet. Bake until caramel corn is almost crisp, stirring every 15 minutes, for a total of 45 minutes. (rotate pans halfway through baking.)
6. using a metal spatula, loosen caramel corn from cookie sheets. Cool caramel corn completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.