1 box manicotti noodles
1 lb ground beef
3 hot italian sausages
garlic salt, italian seasoning
1 jar prego spaghetti cauce
1 green bell pepper
1 med yellow onion
1 16 oz ricotta cheese
2 handfulls shredded mozarella cheese
2 handfulls colby jack cheese
crumbled feta cheese **optional
1. Boil manicotti noodles as directed on box.
2. In skillet, brown together the hamburger meat and sausage, adding spices to taste.
3. In a large pot, pour spaghetti sauce over medium heat. Add chopped bell pepper and onion. After meat is done, drain, and add to sauce. Lower to low heat and let simmer for 25-30 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, 1 handful each of mozarella and colby jack. Add 2-2 tbs of spaghetti sauce.
5. In a large baking pan, spoon a little of the sauce over the bottom of the pan. (this will keep the noodles from sticking to it while cooking). Stuff the noodles with cheese mixture, place in pan, top with sauce and remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
** For a healthier option, or a lactose free option, mix the feta cheese with a handful of mozarella and stuff shells. This has a bit of a tang if you arent a big feta fan, but is a great option for those looking for something other than ricotta. I usually stuff half with feta and half with ricotta and bake in same pan. Just make sure you remember which ones are which!